Re: ITO: New maintainers wanted for: glade, glademm, gtkmm, gnomemm

Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> the Hurd is my focus, and I am sloppy with my other packages, which is not
> good. There are certainly people more interested in them, who will give them
> the care they need and deserve.
>
> glade: GUI Builder for gtk/gnome
> Only simple bugs (wrong icon in menu) or upstream bugs. Not hard to
> maintain. Actively developed upstream.
>
> glademm: C++ code generator for the above package.
> A catastrophe. It needs to be coordinated between glade and gtkmm, and
> one of those always creates problems. The packaging is actually very easy.
> Has a lot of bug reports open, which need to be checked after updating (I
> tried to update it, but the code generated didn't build, oh my).
> Actively developed by his author.
>
> gtkmm: A C++ wrapper for Gtk.
> A not so small package, and as a library package a bit more complicated. The
> package is in a sane state. Actively developed.
>
> gnomemm: A C++ wrapper for Gnome.
> This belongs to gtkmm, it was in the same source and is now split out
> upstream. It's of the same complexity, but smaller.

I'd like to take them from you maintaint above packages.
I have experiences with gtkmm-- and
gnome-- as a programmer so I'm very interesting in it.
There's a small problem because I have no still DAM approval so probably
at the beginning I wiil need some spnsors for upload them.

Mariusz

Mariusz Przygodzki
dune@home.pl
http://www.dune.home.pl