Re: lintian & libtool: are they friends now?

On Thu, Nov 30, 2000 at 05:01:19PM +0100, Domenico Andreoli wrote:
> i missed a scoop which has been posted on this ml on 29 sep, it is
> in a message of Marcus Brinkman:
>   http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce-0009/msg00008.html
>
> it says that libtool has corrected some problems that in past time it
> gave to debian.

GNU/Hurd, in particular.

> my question is, is it talking about -rpath problem too?

No. The rpath situation will not be resolved unless the RUNPATH feature
in the new ELF standard is available and used by Linux and the Hurd.
I hope that RUNPATH will be allowed by Debian Policy and used by packages
that install libraries in non-standard locations, as the Hurd doesn't use
/etc/ld.so.conf.

Thanks,
Marcus