Re: StarOffice / Open Office progress

On Thu, Nov 30, 2000 at 01:47:53PM +0000, Paul Hedderly wrote:
> Way back in October when the OpenOffice CVS archives were made available
> ITPs were made re OO.
>
> I was just wondering how the packaging is going - are there experimental
> packages I can play with?

The packaging has gone nowhere because it has not really been highly
usable yet and because I've been very busy with other things for Progeny.

StarOffice is a BIG honking package and I am very likely to package it for
Progeny as soon as the benefit is worth the effort (ie, it can be cleanly
built and actually runs) and will be happy to upload the package to
Debian.  In fact, if I'm going to go through the effort you damned well
better believe I intend to upload it to Debian..  =)

When things are a little less stressful, I'll have another look and see
what I can do with it.

<devkev> yeah i saw the lightning gun and where you were going, thinking
         you were gonna kick some ass :)
<devkev> didnt realise it would be your own :)