Re: dpkg-statoverride vs. suidmanager

On Thu, 30 Nov 2000, Wichert Akkerman wrote:

> How about dpkg 1.8 will read /etc/suid.conf and import it into the
> statoverride database? I could do that pretty easily.

Maybe this could be done by suidregister itself?
Next version of suidmanager may convert user's overrides from /etc/suid.conf
file to statoverride in its postinst and suidregister should be just a wrapper,
which calls dpkg-statoverride internally.

BTW. Probably only the local user's changes should be converted to
statoverride database. Package setings (these from postinst scripts)
should be still handled by suidmanager.

Regards,

Robert

--
  Robert Luberda  *  robert@pingu.ii.uj.edu.pl  *  robert@debian.org
    * GnuPG:  AEE0 1F85 3E63 8BAA CDF1 3D18 4E18 7570 9D30 9C3B *