Re: kernel with supermount

On Thu, Nov 30, 2000 at 12:30:49AM +0100, Massimo Dal Zotto wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wonder why the kernel distributed by Debian doesn't have the supermount
> filesystem. I've been using a supermount kernel with potato from months and
> it works very well.
>
> If you want to try it you can find a patch for kernel-sources-2.2.17 at:
>
>   http://people.debian.org/~dz/supermount-0.1.5-2.2.17.patch.gz
>
> The patch is taken from the Mandrake kernel sources and adapted to debian
> kernel sources.
>
> Can we have it in the next official kernel?

Along similar lines, would it be reasonable to include the rawio patch
for the next release?  Including it would allow glibc to pick up the
linux/raw.h header, and allow the util-linux package to build the raw
command.  This would be nice, as it would allow the use of (for
example) software like Oracle to use it without rebuilding the
kernel.

FWIW, Redhat (don't know about others) ship kernels with this patch
applied.

ttyl,

--
Josh Huber                                   | huber@debian.org |