Re: Funny situation with Licq.

On Sun, Nov 26, 2000 at 10:59:29PM -0600, David Starner wrote:
> > Zed Pobre responded to your bug within a few hours, and has done so
> > previously with my bugs. What other Debian maintainer can claim do that?
>
> In fairness to other developers (including the one that just responded
> to my latest bug report)*, this should be "how many other Debian
> maintainers can claim to do that?".

Yeah, he is not the only one, although those are rare (this is my estimate,
from sifting through ~70% of -bugs-{dist,closed} for several months).

However, you can reply to a bug within seconds, and not get it fixed for a
much much longer period of time (this is my demerit sometimes :'( ), so I
don't think that solely the speed of replying to bug reports is an adequate
measure of a maintainer's competence in dealing with them. Note: I'm not
saying anything specifically related to Zed here...