Re: Funny situation with Licq.

On Tue, Nov 28, 2000 at 03:10:52PM +0100, Josip Rodin wrote:
> However, you can reply to a bug within seconds, and not get it fixed for a
> much much longer period of time (this is my demerit sometimes :'( ), so I
> don't think that solely the speed of replying to bug reports is an adequate
> measure of a maintainer's competence in dealing with them.

True, but it's something. There are quite a few bugs in the database
where it would take 15 minutes to change and upload, but the mainatiner
has neither made the change or explained why he won't. OTOH, if a
maintainer wants a backtrace or other information, I'm usually more
willing and capable to do it right after the bug report than a month
after, when I've probably worked around the problem and upgraded libc
and perl a couple times since then.

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
http://dvdeug.dhis.org