Re: How are huge, daily builds handeled?

On Fri, Nov 24, 2000 at 10:39:47AM +0100, Andreas Schuldei wrote:
> I would like to provide the wine snapshots as debian packages.
  Cool. That would save me the trouble of building them myself :)
  I don't think I can really help with the distribution(@home wouldn't
appreciate), but I'd be willing to let somebody use my system to build.

> THe builds are demanding, though (list is from the guy who did this before):
>
> - about 4 Pentium-133 CPU-hours per build (between
>   1 and 7 builds per week),
   Athlon 600, 15minutes
> - about 96MB of RAM,
   160M
> - about 700MB of free disk space for the builds (these really
>   should be accessible online, at least the build logs),
   Should be able to free that up.

> - connectivity to the Internet during the build process (fetch the Debian
>   packaging for Wine and the latest Wine revision from CVS),
   not-to-bad Cable modem

> - a public web site to serve the files for download (may be the
>   same machine that does the builds),
  Don't know if I can help you there.

> - about 20 MB of disk space for the source and binary packages
>   on that web site,
>
> - enough bandwidth to serve this to ~800 users per day,
  This would be the problem.

  - Nick Lopez
    kimo_sabe@atdot.org
--
"vi has two modes the one in which it beeps
 and the one in which it doesn't" -- Alan Cox