Re: Possible AWE32 package bug

On Tue, 21 Nov 2000, Enrique Robledo Arnuncio wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 21, 2000 at 11:35:38AM +0100, jcdubacq@info.unicaen.fr wrote:
> > > No, both the program and the library should be under /usr, according
> > > to the File-system Hierarchy Standard (you don't need them to boot,
> > > restore, recover or repair the system).
> >
> > Except /etc/modules is read before mounting filesystems.
>
> Yes, but you should be able to let the awe_wave module be loaded first
> as the kernel docs says, removing from modules.conf the post-install
> line which runs sfxload, and run sfxload later from an /etc/init.d
> script (with /usr mounted).

Except, the "correct" way to use modutils IS to use the post-install line,
because unused modules can be set to be periodically removed.

A better solution would be to leave the post-install line and move the

Or maybe we need a '/etc/modules.later' or something which would list
modules not necessary for booting. I dunno. =)