Re: Possible AWE32 package bug

On Tue, Nov 21, 2000 at 11:11:47AM -0800, ferret@phonewave.net wrote:
> > Yes, but you should be able to let the awe_wave module be loaded first
> > as the kernel docs says, removing from modules.conf the post-install
> > line which runs sfxload, and run sfxload later from an /etc/init.d
> > script (with /usr mounted).
>
> Except, the "correct" way to use modutils IS to use the post-install line,
> because unused modules can be set to be periodically removed.

Agreed. I was wrong. The sound card does not "remember" information
about sound patches after the driver module is removed and loaded
again (at least with ALSA and a SBLive). I had not tested that
before.

> A better solution would be to leave the post-install line and move the

Yes. This probably should be documented somewhere in the awe-drv
package.

> Or maybe we need a '/etc/modules.later' or something which would list
> modules not necessary for booting. I dunno. =)

Makes sense.

--- Enrique Robledo Arnuncio <era@debian.org>
                             <erobledo@ieee.org>
                             <era@thehackers.org> ---