Re: women in debian

On Fri, 17 Nov 2000, Kirrily Skud Robert wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 16, 2000 at 12:43:39PM -0800, Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:
>> many people are curious if women want to be a part of Debian.  Debian is the
>> epitome of the all guys testosterone engineering groups.  We fight, angle for
>> superiority, and generally act like animals fighting for dominancy.
>> Traditionally women have had a hard time fitting in to places like that.
>> I saw  it when i was in school.

Some women do want to be a part of Debian; I'm one of them (although I'm
shamefully lacking in time at the moment, and Debian's not top of my
priority list, I'm afraid).

> I thought I was pretty good at dealing with that kind of thing, but I
> spent a few weeks on debian-devel (and some other lists) then gave up.

I can't say I've noticed many differences in attitude between debian-devel
and my normal social circle.  But then, that's hardly surprising ;-)

Diana.
--
+      Diana Galletly <dag1000@eng.cam.ac.uk>      +
+   http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~galletly/   +