Re: Craig Sanders

On Mon, Nov 13, 2000 at 11:51:13PM -0800, Drew Bloechl wrote:
> > okay, 'fess up, who scripted a mail-based megahal? :)
>
> I think that's dadadodo actually.

No, this must be a conversation agent with an activation network
such as megahal. Unfortunately, agents like megahal and julia are
poorly designed and are mere hacks.

As an interesting sidenote, I'd once suspected that a (possibly) newcomer
to ai.comp.philosophy was a robot. Upon my suggestion, language processing
signatures were sought in his messages, and many people had agreed
with me in that he was indeed an experimental conversation bot.

If you think this is output from a computer program, I recommend you
to look for signatures in its previous posts to verify that it is unable
to act like a human consistently; thus failing the Turing test.

Thanks,

--
Eray (exa) Ozkural
e-mail: erayo@cs.bilkent.edu.tr