RE: Craig Sanders

> Hi,
>
> I want to apologise to Thomas Bushnell, BSG, for the rudeness of my fellow
> Debian developers. I don't think that strong language is doing anything
> to carry forward and argument. At best it can be ignored, at worst it is
> harmful for the social integrity of the group and counter productive to
> our goal.
>
> I am ashamed that this is the current level of our communication.

"strong language" differs from person to person. what craig writes is
stronger than my average language, yes, but i'm not offended by it. i
probably wouldn't even be offended by it (well, i would at first, then i'd
look at it twice and *think*). why? because i'd think it through and either
realize the poster is a total twit, and thus not worth my time... or i've
made a mistake, and i should take the criticism to heart and try to improve
myself.

there's a reason thomas gets shot at. he most likely gets MORE flak than he
deserves, but he set himself up for it by publicly posting about a personal
issue between him and craig. so if thomas is clever, he'll learn to re-read
the mails he gets a few times, write up something, read through that a few
times, think things through for 5 minutes or more, re-read both mails again,
check for new posts in the thread (if any), and THEN maybe sending it off.
he'll look like less of a <insert appropriate word here> that way.

i'm not saying craig wasn't rude (he was, definitely... but he was also
right), i'm just saying thomas took it one step further (sans the language,
of course).

> Marcus

-m

When you are having a bad day, and it seems like everybody is trying to piss
you off, remember that it takes 42 muscles to produce a frown, but only 4
muscles to work the trigger of a good sniper rifle.