Re: rwxr-xr-x /root

Hi,
>>"Roland" == Roland Bauerschmidt <rb@debian.org> writes:

 Roland> Yes, we discusses this already. Unfortunately, there we some
 Roland> disagreements of what the standard should be. Some people,
 Roland> including me, think that it should be 0711. Some other people
 Roland> think we should leave it at 0755. Does anybody object if I
 Roland> change the default to 0711?

	I would. I learned unix by looking at examples of layouts and
 scripts in the home dorectories of more experienced people, and I
 have continuted the tradition. I understood when certain directories
 did not have read/execute permission (mail, etc), and kept out of
 them; but the open by default serves well for the most part. 	The
 majority of stuff in my home directory is shareable.

	As for root, there is absolutely nothing in /root that is not
 wide open for people to read. sekrit information can still be put in
 sekrit directories.

	manoj
--
 When I'm good, I'm great; but when I'm bad, I'm better. Mae West