rwxr-xr-x /root

First of all, I don't know if this is the right list to send this question
to. If not, please don't hurt me :).

After I had installed potato, I noticed that my /root had it's permissions
set to 755. I thought I did something wrong, but I decided to have a look at
base2_2.tgz. The permissions are 755 in that package too.
Why on earth would you want to have your roots homedir world-readable? It
sounds like a serious security issue to me.

Robin Putters

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:putters;robin
FN:robin putters
NICKNAME:xer.xes
ORG:Redline Racing
TEL;WORK;VOICE:+31 23 5406677
TEL;WORK;FAX:+31 23 5406678
ADR;WORK:;;Engelandlaan 84;Haarlem;;2034 NC;The Netherlands
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:Engelandlaan 84=0D=0AHaarlem 2034 NC=0D=0AThe Netherlands
X-WAB-GENDER:2
URL:http://www.redlineracing.nl
BDAY:19791012
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:robin@redlineracing.nl