Re: Local distribution mirror plus "localization" site

On Thursday 09 November 2000 18:14, Paul Martin wrote:

> The simplest way to do it is:
>
> cd dir/with/your/debs
> dpkg-scanpackages '' /dev/null . | gzip -9 >Packages.gz
> dpkg-scansources '' /dev/null . | gzip -9 >Sources.gz

Thank you!  I have a correction though, it seems that the two single-quotes
need to be replaced with a dot for the current directory (or the directory
with the packages).

This was the one thing I couldn't figure out how to do.  I didn't even think
to look for a command other than dpkg, apt-get, or apt-move.

--
Did you know that if you play a Windows 2000 cd backwards, you
will hear the voice of Satan?

That's nothing!  If you play it forward, it'll install Windows 2000.