Re: [OT] Upgrade madness (Was: Re: Do developers tend to run unstable?)

On Wed, Nov 08, 2000 at 09:25:08PM -0800, William Lee Irwin III wrote:
[snip]
> resident on disk when and if I do feel like upgrading. Also, I do not
> believe the kernels are automatically upgraded by dist-upgrade.
[snip]

Well, they're not supposed to. But recently, there was a versioning bug,
either with kernel-package or with kernel-image-2.2.17 itself (probably
the former, come to think of it), which causes the stock kernel to
supercede the custom-built kernel (because I'm also using a 2.2.17
kernel, but with a custom config).