Re: Can't compile pcmcia-cs

* "David A. Greene"

| On Mon, 6 Nov 2000, Mike Markley wrote:
|
| > PCMCIA is in the kernel proper for 2.4, so you probably don't need
| > pcmcia-cs.
|
| This is misleading.  The PCMCIA in 2.4 is NOT equivalent to pcmcia-cs.
| In particular, the 3c575_cb module doesn't exist yet in 2.4 due
| to interface problems.

According to README-2.4 in pcmcia-cs:

: The CardBus network drivers (3c575_cb, tulip_cb, epic_cb) have been
: folded into the corresponding PCI drivers using the new hot plug PCI
: interface.

And it works perfectly for me using a 3c575cb and -test10.

However, you need pcmcia-cs for the user land stuff.

--

Tollef Fog Heen
Unix _IS_ user friendly... It's just selective about who its friends are.