still problems with dpkg 1.7.1?

Hi

After I had apt-get upgrade install dpkg 1.7.0, which broke apt
(dont know what exactly), a upgrade to dpkg 1.7.1 fixed apt, but
now dpkg seems to be seriously broken:

00:02:31 arthur@turing:~$ sudo apt-get install xscreensaver-gl
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
  xscreensaver-gl
0 packages upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 4 not
upgraded.
1 packages not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 0B/511kB of archives. After unpacking 1282kB will
be used.
dpkg:
/home/wichert/sources/cvs/debian/x/dpkg-1.7.1/main/packages.c:191:
process_queue: Assertion `dependtry <= 4' failed.
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg exited unexpectedly
00:04:38 arthur@turing:~$

That's xscreensaver-gl_3.22-7_i386.deb.

I saw the same with apt, when I tried to build it from source
package (then I had still dpkg-1.7.0).

ciao, 2ri
--
Die Freiheit zu haben ohne fremde Hilfe trotzdem alles falsch machen
zu können: Linux.