Re: task-kde broken

On Tue, 7 Nov 2000, David A. Greene wrote:

> Look.  I don't need this from you.  I understand the FTP maintainers
> aren't at my beck and call.  But the KDE maintainer uploaded some
> new KDE packages NOT linked to liblcms and those went through
> just fine to unstable.  I am still waiting for liblcms.  That
> doesn't make any sense to me.  Why did packages sent LATER to
> incoming arrive EARLIER?

It's brand new packages that take a long time because they require manual
intervention.  One a package is in, upgrades are practically automatic.

> To my previous question, I received the reply, "it's in incoming."
> I've asked how to get it from incoming, but received little to
> no reply.  I've RTFM'd, but can't find the info.  What am I
> _supposed_ to do?  I'm trying to get a working machine here.

You can access the incoming queue at http://incoming.debian.org/
It's not aptable (that would rather defeat the purpose don't you
think?) but you can download the .debs and install them with dpkg -i

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>