Re: ITP: apt-listchanges (formerly debchanges)

On Sun, Nov 05, 2000 at 01:20:25PM -0500, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:

> The fact that you don't need to install it... or even be able to
> install it.
>
> What I would really love would be an extension of this to use apt-get
> source instead.  Then the build daemons could make use of it to improve
> the "changes since last failed version" messages.

I will consider this for a future version.  Unfortunately, it will involve (in
the case of non-native packages) unpacking the entire source archive, applying
the Debian diff, then reading the changelog out of the tree.

That is, of course, unless I could read the changelog directly out of the diff.
This feels funny to me, though, and I'm not sure whether it's a good idea.

--
 - mdz