Re: ITP: apt-listchanges (formerly debchanges)
On Sun, Nov 05, 2000 at 01:25:20AM +0100, Christian Marillat wrote:
> MZ> Description: Display new Debian changelog entries from .deb archives
> MZ> apt-listchanges is a tool to show what has been changed in a new version
> MZ> of a Debian package, as compared to the version currently installed on
> MZ> the system.
> MZ> .
> MZ> It does this by extracting the relevant entries from the Debian
> MZ> changelog file, usually found in
> MZ> /usr/doc/package/changelog.Debian.gz
> MZ> installed-size: 76
> Like that "dblog package"?
> >From my .bashrc
> if [ -e /usr/share/doc/$1/changelog.Debian.gz ]; then
> less /usr/share/doc/$1/changelog.Debian.gz;
> if [ -e /usr/doc/$1/changelog.Debian.gz ]; then
> less /usr/doc/$1/changelog.Debian.gz;
No. This just displays the changelog for an installed package.
apt-listchanges reads one or more .deb archives (possibly automatically from
apt) and shows you the changelog entries for all versions LATER than the one
currently installed on your system. For example, if you have version 1.3-14
of the hello package installed, and you run apt-listchanges on a .deb of
version 1.3-17 (or you apt-get upgrade to version 1.3-17), you would see:
hello (1.3-17) unstable; urgency=low
* Fixed symlink creation for /usr/doc. Closes: #62899.
* Don't use whoami to test for root, as that isn't il8n.
* Include the section and priority fields in debian/tmp/DEBIAN/control.
* Lintian 1.11.2 clean.
-- Adam Heath <firstname.lastname@example.org> Sun, 23 Apr 2000 19:52:39 -0500
hello (1.3-16) unstable; urgency=low
* Added /usr/doc -> ../share/doc symlink handling.
* This package has no build dependencies.
-- Adam Heath <email@example.com> Sat, 4 Dec 1999 04:12:28 -0600
hello (1.3-15) unstable; urgency=low
* New maintainer, as the current maintainer has been awol.
* Ported to FHS.
* Bugs fixed in previous releases: Closes: #14602, #20998, #14603
* Acknowledge -14 nmu. Closes: #14876
* Remove comments about targets 'source' and 'diff', as they are
only of interest for historical reasons.
* Lintian 1.8.2 clean.
-- Adam Heath <firstname.lastname@example.org> Sat, 18 Sep 1999 10:25:13 -0500