Re: sharefont package license sucks, even for non-free

On Sat, Nov 04, 2000 at 10:45:44PM +0800, zhaoway wrote:
> > > No.
> > > Yes.
> > Then I propose that maintainers working for companies that use and
> > advertise Debian based products (VA Linux, Stormix, Corel, Progeny and
> > HelixCode spring to mind) should be publically chastised and removed
> > from the project if they don't quit their day jobs, or get their companies
> > to refocus on, say, RedHat.
> i'm confused. to try to put it simpler:
> 1) helix and redhat are making money from software that could be in `main'
>    (perfect, imho :)

Well, the only response I've seen to the threads trying to get HelixCode
.deb's in main seem to have been something like "there are some copyright
problems on the images" which seems like they can't be included in main.

> 2) what if making money from software that can only be in `non-free' ?

Oh, my mistake.

I also should've proposed that all maintainer's whose day jobs involve
them working on or with commerical proprietry software should be
expelled too.

> is my understanding right? if it's right then what's the answer?

``An ye harm none, do what ye will'' comes to mind.

Cheers,
aj

                                      -- Dave Clark