Replying to All Recipients. A Bad Thing?

I'm using communicator as my MUA (mozilla has almost come there, but...)
I'm confused about whether I should use the Reply To All feature of
this particular e-mail client when I'm replying to threads on debian-devel.
I know that this is quite a newbie question, but if somebody could
enlighten me about this it'd be nice.

My problem is this:
  * When I just reply, only the To: [sender] will be listed
  * When I reply all, Cc: [debian-devel] will be listed, but of course
    I'll probably be spamming a lot of people

I can of course edit the recipients by hand, but it's convenient
to just hit a single button.

Is it somehow possible to configure the list server so that it sends
me messages with "Reply-To:" set to debian-devel, or should I be
handling this on my end?

I'm aware that this is an FAQ, but I need help on this.

Thanks in advance,

--
Eray (exa) Ozkural
e-mail: erayo@cs.bilkent.edu.tr