Replying to All Recipients. A Bad Thing?

"Eray Ozkural (exa)" <erayo@cs.bilkent.edu.tr>:
> I'm using communicator as my MUA (mozilla has almost come there, but...)
> I'm confused about whether I should use the Reply To All feature of
> this particular e-mail client when I'm replying to threads on debian-devel.
> I know that this is quite a newbie question, but if somebody could
> enlighten me about this it'd be nice.

See the Debian Developer's Reference. The correct behavior has been
explained there for years.

> I can of course edit the recipients by hand, but it's convenient
> to just hit a single button.

Several extra keystrokes, yes.

> Is it somehow possible to configure the list server so that it sends
> me messages with "Reply-To:" set to debian-devel, or should I be
> handling this on my end?

You should be handling it on your end.

> I'm aware that this is an FAQ, but I need help on this.

Since you know it is an FAQ, you should not ask on list. Finding the
information is not particularly hard. I doubt you'll make a good Debian
developer, if you have to troll on the mailing lists every time you need
your hand held.

--
Lars Wirzenius <liw@wapit.com>
Architect, Kannel WAP and SMS Gateway project, Wapit Ltd, http://www.kannel.org