Re: Replying to All Recipients. A Bad Thing?

On Mon, Oct 30, 2000 at 05:32:41AM +0200 , Eray Ozkural (exa) wrote:

> I'm using communicator as my MUA (mozilla has almost come there, but...)
> I'm confused about whether I should use the Reply To All feature of
> this particular e-mail client when I'm replying to threads on debian-devel.
> I know that this is quite a newbie question, but if somebody could
> enlighten me about this it'd be nice.
>
> My problem is this:
>   * When I just reply, only the To: [sender] will be listed
>   * When I reply all, Cc: [debian-devel] will be listed, but of course
>     I'll probably be spamming a lot of people

    * use List-Reply (/me hugs mutt) so it sends only to the list

> I can of course edit the recipients by hand, but it's convenient
> to just hit a single button.
>
> Is it somehow possible to configure the list server so that it sends
> me messages with "Reply-To:" set to debian-devel, or should I be

/me senses another flame-war ... I think this came up so 2-5 times during last
2 years.

				Petr Cech
--
Debian GNU/Linux maintainer - www.debian.{org,cz}
           cech@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz

Phear my "Typical bloody smart-arse debian attitude."