Re: a suggestion

On Fri, Oct 27, 2000, Daniel Burrows wrote:

> > In fact, I think that Debian had apt before most others had a
> > similar system - At least before Microsoft had Windows Update,
> > anyway.
>
>   And before we had apt (1998), dpkg-ftp let you update from the
> network in a less pleasant way. No clue when dpkg-ftp was first
> available, though.

   And even before dpkg-ftp was available, one could NFS-mount a local
Debian mirror (or even a public one such as Sunsite, which isn't Sunsite
anymore but still allows NFS mounts) and do a network update.

Sam.
--
Samuel Hocevar <sam@zoy.org> http://sam.zoy.org/
for DVDs in Linux screw the MPAA and ; do dig $DVDs.z.zoy.org ; done | \