Re: a suggestion

>  why linux did not develop a function like freebsd or M$'s windows update can update the system via network ,i think it is not difficult for u all to build such a tool,and it really can be useful.
> there is still no linux dist done this,i hope debian take the lead

Debian has this. Assuming you're running a Debian system, man apt-get.
RedHat has this, but I think they make you register to recieve updates.
Mandrake has this; IIRC they don't make you do anything special besides run the updater.
I _think_ SuSE has this but I'm not sure.

In fact, I think that Debian had apt before most others had a similar system - At least before Microsoft had Windows Update, anyway.

-chris

--
"Meat. They're made out of meat."

"It's better than bad, it's good!"