Re: http://www.debian.org/mirror/mirrors_full.html

joy@cibalia.gkvk.hr (Josip Rodin)  wrote on 26.10.00 in <20001026202836.D12805@cibalia.gkvk.hr>:

> On Wed, Oct 25, 2000 at 10:15:00AM +0200, Kai Henningsen wrote:
> > 1. Is this still the canonical list to find archives?
>
> Probably, though it's not announced anywhere...

I wonder why, it's certainly in a format that doesn't make much sense
unless it's for being public.

> Probably... I'm not sure how it gets generated, I'm guessing it's got
> something to do with Mirrors.masterlist file.

That one isn't available without logging in, right?

> > and shouldn't security.debian.org be mentioned?
>
> That's not supposed to be mirrored.

Well, *if* this (or some other) mirror list gets announced somewhere, then
it's not just a list of mirrors, but a list of places where you can get
the stuff.

Which is why pandora belongs on the list, and which is why, IMHO,
security.debian.org also deserves mention - one could certainly mention
that mittors of it are not necessary (I suspect that goes only for public
mirrors, though - that is, the intent is avoiding problems serving our
customers with timely security-updates, nothing else).

MfG Kai