Re: RFC: implementation of package pools

Anthony Towns wrote:

Eray, if you want to help, help. If you want to randomly pester people,
do it to a lecturer who's actually paid to answer your questions.

I'm trying to figure out if the code should be improved, isn't that help?

The above translations are simple and automatable, the simplified form
you've decided to use may be equivalent, but it's not particularly
relevant to either the code or the original problem.

Yes, "a & (~a | b)" is the same as "a & b". No, that's not helpful in the
slightest for this problem

No, I just showed how the translation should go. If that's hardwired to the code,
which might be IIRC, of course it can remain that way.

Anyhow, you haven't written your opinion about the second potential problem
with the code. Does it converge to exhaustive search in the worst case? I think you should know that since you've designed the code. I don't know if you read all of my previous mail which I tried to put only correct things and helpful comments.

I believe that even if you haven't perhaps you might want to check the last part
of that mail. It's summarized as follows:

We should make sure that the search is complete. That's correctness requirement.
Performance can be left as future work because most sentences are easy.

That's my review of the code which you requested. Still, it should be clarified whether the search if complete, then a fix may be in order. If there's anything
else I can help, let me know. Especially data structure / algo. stuff.

Thanks,

__
Eray Ozkural