Re: RFC: implementation of package pools

erayo@cs.bilkent.edu.tr (Eray Ozkural)  wrote on 20.10.00 in <39F0A266.D515F875@cs.bilkent.edu.tr>:

> Good, then it means we'd have to find a better way to distribute
> software than plain ftp. Not necessary for a couple of years I guess.

Hopefully, ftp will be dead anyway by then. Also, hopefully, rsync will
gain more fans. It's a pretty drastic improvement for mirroring (and could
be made even more so with some tricks that'd allow it, for example, to
better deal with moved or copied files).

MfG Kai