Re: ITP Delayed [Re: ITP: jazz++ -- a full sized MIDI sequencer]

On Thu, Oct 26, 2000 at 01:42:18AM +0900, Junichi Uekawa wrote:
> > Well, not for me... I tried it. It compiled, but then I could not have
> > the program running more than a few seconds before it crashed.
>
> Same here.. I thought the problem was with Jazz++, but maybe I was wrong.
> It's quite flaky. I didn't get to do anything useful with it.

Well, you should try it compiled against WxWindows 1.68. It is really
useful (a bit ugly, though, unless you work a bit the lesstif widget
resources). The help system does't fully work (I have not managed to
get direct access to help topics working), but otherwise it is very
stable. And it has corretly played every MIDI file I have feed to it
;). It supports ALSA, so if you have a supported MIDI Soundcard (or
external MIDI synthesizer), it should sound right.

You can get it via wget or apt from the URL I mentioned above.

> But about the only application on Linux I've ever found useful so
> far for MIDI is sted2... ;(

I will give it a try...

Regards,

--- Enrique Robledo Arnuncio <erobledo@ieee.org>