ITP Delayed [Re: ITP: jazz++ -- a full sized MIDI sequencer]

Hi!

I am afraid the current version of jazz++ won't get into debian :(

The reason is it uses an obsolete upstream-unmaintained version (not
available in debian) of the WxWindows GUI library. I have packaged it,
but an upstream WxWindows developer has asked me not to put it into
debian, and to wait until jazz++ gets upgraded to a newer version.

So we will have to wait. The upgrade is in the TODO list of jazz++
developers, but it seems nobody is working on it yet. I will have a
look at it, though. I will try to keep the ITP in the wnpp until them.

In the mean time, if anyone wants to use an UNOFFICIAL package of the
current version, using UNOFFICIAL packages of the library, they can be
apt-get-installed from:

[sources.list]
deb http://www.ieeesb.etsit.upm.es/~era/debian ./
deb-src http://www.ieeesb.etsit.upm.es/~era/debian ./

You can get the jazz++ and the jazz++-doc packages from there. I will
be glad to hear any comments regarding these packages.

Please, don't send any comments regarding the library to its upstream
developers. There are much more newer versions, and that one is no
longer maintained.

--- Enrique Robledo Arnuncio <erobledo@ieee.org>
                             <erobledo@die.upm.es>
                             <era@ieeesb.etsit.upm.es> ---