Re: RFC: implementation of package pools

erayo@cs.bilkent.edu.tr (Eray Ozkural)  wrote on 21.10.00 in <39F0A646.4A28F097@cs.bilkent.edu.tr>:

> You can make a system very flexible and fault tolerant if you want to.
> That's a matter of programming skill. Same as how your dollars don't get
> lost at banks. Period.

If you really believe that, I have a nice bridge here I could sell you,
but please never program anything I need to use.

I recently had a look at the new JavaScript interface which my bank uses
(a significant speed improvement from Java, and finally something I can
script).

Let's just say that it isn't quite up to what I'd consider acceptable
standards, and I *don't* program for environments that want significant
fault tolerance.

Anyway, banks may be very very good at *not publishing* any computer
problems they have, but I've heard enough from people I trust to know that
they do have those problems. Significant problems, costing real money.

MfG Kai