STOP, Stop, stop....

The people who wrote this stuff did so because there has been a lot of talk
from the community and very little action. As always the person who writes
the code makes the decisions in this organization. And I must say I agree
entirely with James' approach and Jason's arguments.

If you don't like the way things are being done, post a proposal to -policy.
Just know you must be a developer to do so. By far the most effective method
would be to make your desired modifications, send them in to james, and
*then* do something on -policy.

> Yea, but if I can write a robust re-implementation of dpkg that's
> at least as reliable as the text-based one, and which has enough
> utilities that make it as convenient as editing text files with
> a normal editor.. then i'd think it ought to replace dpkg, right? just
> an idea :) [but if you turn this to a test of skill, i will do
> it! ;)]

Um, work is already underway but it's been stalled for the moment. Ask ben
for read access to his CVS repo, and finish his job.

Then come back with something real. Talk is cheap, and code says a lot more
than any amount of debate.

Disclaimer, for those of you who remember me - I only recently let these
ethical codes go to my head. You may remember me as one who has done the
exact opposite of what I'm saying now.

--
..Aaron Van Couwenberghe... ..avancouw@calpoly.edu.. ..aaronv@debian.org..
	Berlin:			http://www.berlin-consortium.org