Re: RFC: implementation of package pools

(pardon me for my slightly utilitarian message amidst all this drivel)

On Wed, Oct 25, 2000 at 12:00:00PM +0200, Kai Henningsen wrote:
> erayo@cs.bilkent.edu.tr (Eray Ozkural)  wrote on 21.10.00 in <39F0F1B3.90B0F9C8@cs.bilkent.edu.tr>:
[deletia]
> > Do you go and review every i-node manually?
>
> Something like that, yes. Or you build customised software to do parts of
> it, after you have figured out what you need for the particular desaster
> at hand. I once wrote a C program to locate ext2 partitions after the OS/2
> fdisk corrupted the partition table.

There is a program in e2fsprogs that does this, /usr/sbin/findsuper. I
discovered this after writing an identical program after nuking my own
partition table. :)

--
nathan a ferch
nf@marginal.net