Re: Diff between Helix/Debian GNOME (was Re: Helix debian package s)

On Fri, Oct 20, 2000 at 01:05:16PM -0400, Peter Teichman wrote:
> The major features that have gone into Helix GNOME have been moved
> into the upstream sources, like the Menu Panel.

FWIW Peter, I have complaints about that particular feature.  One area of
specialty for me is interface design.  (This is probably not completely
unusual given my unique experiences and qualifications..)

The Menu Panel serves a very useful and interesting purpose.  For most
tasks, I would greatly prefer it to the traditional panel plus foot menu.
However there are a number of things that feel "wrong" about it from an
interface design perspective.  It lacks a lot of the integration and
consistancy that Helix has been striving for.  It's also not very
configurable.

To whom should I direct my complaints and ideas?  The menu panel is a
great idea which I feel could use a better implementation.  I'm not sure I
can contribute much code at this time - I have a lot on my plate just now,
but perhaps the right ideas tossed in the direction of the right people
might be all that's necessary.

<james> abuse me.  I'm so lame I sent a bug report to
        debian-devel-changes