Re: Helix debian packages

Peter Teichman <peter@helixcode.com> writes:

> To clarify, I'm not exactly sure what the issues are. Based on a
> short discussion with one of the guys here, I concluded that the
> images we are shipping that are copyrighted (the branding things,
> including our logo and the monkey button) would not be DFSG
> clean. I'm not sure about this, however, and a quick discussion with
> Wichert at LinuxWorld Expo in August seemed to indicate otherwise.

Well, the images would of course be copyrighted (unless they were put
in the public domain); the question is whether or not they are under a
free license.

I, too, would really like to see Helix GNOME as a part of Debian, so I
hope these issues are resolved soon.

> I think this is a question that needs to be put to our lawyers,
> though, and I don't have any contact with them. I'll bring it up
> again here.

I think it would be a good idea for the discussion to be crossposted
to debian-legal, as well.