Re: Helix debian packages

Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@debian.org> writes:

> Helix Gnome packages are more bleeding edge in theory, but in
> practice they are a thousand times more usable in terms of
> reliability, stability, function, and integration.  By comparison,
> Debian's Gnome packages just plain SUCK.

Are you talking about woody or potato?  I have been running the woody
GNOME on several computers with absolutely no problems for quite a
while now.  (Debian GNOME maintainers: thanks!)

Probably the biggest flaw in the potato packages is that they're out
of date, but such is the price one pays for a stable system...