Diff between Helix/Debian GNOME (was Re: Helix debian packages)

Just to follow up my previous email:

On Fri, 20 Oct 2000, Marcus Crafter wrote:

> 	Why these differences weren't in the Debian GNOME - I don't know.
> 	Perhaps it's just a time difference thing ?

	From the Helix Code FAQ (http://www.helixcode.com/desktop/faq.php3)

----

Q. What is Helix GNOME?

A. Helix GNOME is a polished distribution of the GNOME desktop provided as
a service to the GNOME user community. It includes stable, up-to-date
versions of powerful software with an integrated, attractive interface. Our
team spends a lot of time testing, enhancing, and improving the desktop,
and making Helix GNOME work well on as many operating systems as possible.

Helix GNOME is designed to simplify the task of installing a fully featured
version of GNOME on your favorite Unix system.

Q. Is Helix GNOME a fork of GNOME?

A. No. Helix GNOME is just an easy to install ready-to-run distribution of the
GNOME software. All the patches included in Helix GNOME have either
been submitted to the respective package maintainers, have been posted
to the relevant mailing lists or have been already incorporated into the
main distribution of GNOME.

Our packages are built from released versions of GNOME source packages.
Any patch we have applied to other GNOME packages
is available in our source distribution.

----
	Perhaps the differences are just in a matter of time between
	patches/etc ? Anyone have any other thoughts ?

	Cheers,

	Marcus

     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
          &&&&.        Business Hours : +49 69 9757 200
    &&&&&&&:           After Hours    : +49 69 49086750