Re: ITP: webmin -- Web based administration tool.

On Wed, Oct 18, 2000 at 10:11:36PM +0200, Ron Rademaker wrote:
> I agree with Chad, I don't like webmin either. I once tried to fix a
> system that had run webmin earlier, it had messed up any config file
> webmin is able to edit so that I decided to do a complete clean install,
> simply because it was the fastest thing to do ;-(
>
> Ron

I have to agree, webmin's code is fairly unreadable.  As someone who's written
a module, however, i can assure you that it's _very_ extensible (read: debian
specific hacks encouraged), _very_
usable, and once you've got a grasp on how it works, it's really not that bad.
It's a bunch of cgi scripts thrown together, with one controlling what the
others can do.  Perl might not've been the ideal language to use, for
readability purposes, but it's quick and dirty.. which is exactly what's needed
when writing tools like this.

--
"... being a Linux user is sort of like living in a house inhabited
by a large family of carpenters and architects. Every morning when