Re: Another solution (was Re: All services that require a restart from libc6 upgrade...)

Ben Collins wrote:

> > I don't understand this.  Isn't the point of versioning so that you can
> > request the library with the proper ABI?  If you leave the old libnss_*
> > files on disk, why doesn't the running daemon --- with the old libc mapped
> > --- cause the old NSS modules to be loaded?
> >

> Because modules are loaded from disk, not memory.

  why they are not versioned on the disk then? all these problems would
dissapear... wouldn't they?

  each version of libc would know which version of nss modules to
load... isn't it obvious solution?

  [I guess it's obvious that I am missing something... :-) ]

	erik