Re: All services that require a restart from libc6 upgrade...

> > 	objdump -T $( readlink -f /proc/$PID/exe ) | egrep 'symbol1|symbol2'
> >
> >  The processes to restart could be taken from ps AND /etc/init.d/*.

There seem to be two approaches:

1.  Require daemons to know that they need to be restarted for certain
    kinds of libc upgrades (eg., they depend on name services).

2.  Try to automatically figure out which running processes may need
    to be restarted.

I don't like #1 because there will always be daemons left out of this
set that shouldn't be.  I don't know if #2 can be made to work.

Ideally, I'd like to see #2 used to spit out a list of processes that
may need to be restarted, and to let the sysadmin do the restarting.

Is there a good reason why the restart needs to be automatic?

-itai