Re: All services that require a restart from libc6 upgrade...

On Mon, Oct 16, 2000 at 05:50:09PM -0400, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 16, 2000 at 06:39:02PM -0300, Nicol?s Lichtmaier wrote:
> >  Is it posible to detect if the service needs a restart by examining the
> > executable file?
> >  E.g.:
> > 	objdump -T $( readlink -f /proc/$PID/exe ) | egrep 'symbol1|symbol2'
> >  The processes to restart could be taken from ps AND /etc/init.d/*.
> The checks required to do it this way would probably change between glibc
> releases.  It would be much nicer to have a method that would work forever.

Won't that just mean that the init scripts for various packages would have
to change with each glibc release too? Which won't be possible because glibc
will generally be upgraded before the various packages are anyway?

Cheers,
aj

                                      -- Dave Clark