Re: On Bugs

On Sun, Oct 08, 2000 at 12:48:36PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 05, 2000 at 12:04:40AM -0300, Nicolás Lichtmaier wrote:
> >  I would add an "unclassified" severity. This is a *critical* severity.

Actually, just to clarify: we get, what, about 50 new bug reports a day?
Expecting to have every one of these new bug reports classified by hand
in the last two days before we actually release is unreasonable. I expect
you agree.

This, by definition, means they're not `critical'.

It'd be a different matter if you were just asking for a list of
"unclassified" bugs for -qa people to go through and help with.

It might be plausible to change the default severity from "normal" to
"unclassified", modify bug/reportbug to not include a Severity: header at
all by default (and not prompt and hence confuse people), allow developers
and people who have a clue and care in general add their own Severity:
header, and mail lists of "unclassified" bugs to -qa on a regular basis.

Cheers,
aj

                                      -- Dave Clark