Re: I broke it - again.

I'm actually a Debian developer. I've been running unstable now for some
years :)

Faced with a new situation to me - dpkg not working and ldconfig having
gone - I panicked and posted to the list, knowing that someone somewhere
had solved the problem.

By downgrading to potato libraries - and reading stuff I should already
have known about dpkg-deb - I sorted the problem more or less on my own.

One friend was kind enough to post exact instructions politely which
solved the entire problem.

As the one who started this whole damn thread - can we stop now :)

Andy

[Sorry for having caused yet more wasted bandwidth, misunderstandings
and potential flame wars]