Problems with tcl/tk packaging

I think there are imperfections with the new tcl extension packages.

For example, let's take itcl3.1

First of all, tcl extensions should go into these places
/usr/lib/tcl
/usr/include/tcl

We have a packaging system, no need to complicate things beyond
necessary.

It seems to me best to forget about alternatives, and instead modify
tcl programs to properly use "package require" commands. That way
users don't confuse versions, they have to specify which version they
want :>

/usr/lib/itcl3.1 -> /usr/lib/tcl/itcl3.1

and

/usr/include/tcl8.3/itcl-private -> /usr/include/tcl/itcl3.1

I haven't really looked into the build scripts of the tcl/tk packages
except tix, so I don't know whether the current directory scheme is
courtesy of debian people or upstream developers. My objections are due
to what I've been reading in "Practical Tcl/Tk Programming" by Brent
Welch which is a rather excellent book.

BTW, I'm working on the tix package, so let me know if a patch is
needed.
Let's settle down the tix package after discussions about tcl are
settled
down. I don't know how the other extensions have been packaged, but
tix is a bit dirty.

Thanks,

--
Eray (exa) Ozkural