Re: Unstripped binaries, stripped at installation time?

    Petr> why whould you want to do that?

 Hmmm...

 The infamous `foof' bug's opcode sequence is `f0 0f c7 c8'.  The last
 two numbers there, translated to decimal are `199 200'.  It was
 uncovered shortly before the millenium...  Interesting possibilities?
 You could make a lot of money doing Y2K upgrades on binary software
 using a `sed' script, I bet.

 If someone "at Intel" could do something like that (acting alone?),
 then someone @ Debian could write a nasty into a maintainer script,
 or ... ?  You tell me and we'll both know.

 What could an average Debian user do about it if that occured?

 Do we invoke law enforcement of some kind in that instance?

 What do the various laws say about that issue?

 Who's liable?

 Am I running on the Space Shuttle this time?

 Am I running on a Navy vessel?