Re: RFC: moving packages to project/orphaned

>> David Starner <dvdeug@x8b4e53cd.dhcp.okstate.edu> writes:

 > On Sun, Sep 03, 2000 at 06:55:16PM +0200, Marcelo E. Magallon wrote:
 > >  Regarding the severity of the ftp.debian.org bug: important.
 > >  Rationale: in the general case, packages that managed to get to this
 > >  state are non-interesting (otherwise they would have been adopted
 > >  already).  That means it's a non maintained package which noone cares
 >
 > non-interesting doesn't mean uncared about. Frequently it includes sweet
 > little tools that need only an occasional updating for policy changes.
 > No real bugs to speak of.

 I meant "non-interesting" as in "it looks like among a group of 500+100
 people, there's not a single one interested enough in a particular
 package in order to step up and take maintainership of it".  For
 example, wmmail (former package of mine) is orphaned now mainly because
 I don't have a real use for it.  The only place where I use it is at
 work, where I don't have a Debian box.  That means for example that I
 won't notice the package breaks due to some upgrade unless someone
 explicitly points that to me.  That's not what I call maintaining a
 package.

                                    Marcelo