Re: RFC: moving packages to project/orphaned

 Sorry about the long delay.  I had to fix real life in the mean time.
 Thanks to everyone for the feedback.  I got a few responses stating
 that moving packages to project/orphaned semi-automatically would be a
 bad idea.  From what I've seen active maintainance of packages assigned
 to debian-qa is the exception, not the rule.

 Attached to this mail is a new report which addresses particularly
 this:

 > How do you plan to handle packages that are used by others?

 This is far from perfect, but for the most part it's right.  If you
 want to see what I mean, look for the emacs19 entry (emacs19 is one
 option among many of those that can be used to satisfy some
 dependencies).  For the moment I've retreated on the idea of asking
 ftp.debian.org to move packages to project/orphaned.  In any case, the
 packages with any number of Rev Depends would be held, those marked as
 Essential, as well as those with Priority required, standard or
 important.

 For now I'll just set up a cronjob on master to mail this to d-d-a
 starting next Friday.  Any free time slot?  Today I noticed ~ 7:00 am
 (master's time) is pretty busy (from the look of it, Joy has a cronjob
 running at that time, as well as James and AJ).  Would something like
 0:30 be ok?  The script takes about 90s cpu time to complete.  (Most of
 the time is wast^Wused parsing a large Packages file)

 Suggestions welcomed,

                                    Marcelo